Are you interested in being part of a group that creates change in Cambuslang? Why not become a Community Councillor! Cambuslang Community Council has five vacancies for new members.
Cambuslang Community Council is a group of residents who care about the Cambuslang area. Our main role is to consult local people on matters affecting them and make their views known to South Lanarkshire Council and other bodies.
Who can become a Community Councillor?
Any resident who is 16 and over, who is registered on the local Electoral Register and lives in Cambuslang: Eastfield, Holmhills, Kirkhill, Silverbank, Vicarland or Whitlawburn. . A map of the Community Council area is here. Council members are all volunteers. They can be of any age – we have members from 18 to 80! No special skills or qualifications are needed, just an interest in improving the area.
What is involved?
You can spend as much or as little time as you have available. Council meetings are usually held once a month. We hope that you would become involved in one of our projects, such as:
- Town Centre Improvements – Regeneration of the Main Street
- Community Access 2 Cash Pilot – creating a new Banking Hub for Cambuslang
- Cambuslang Cycle Park – a new local sports facility
- Cambuslang In Bloom – brightening up our town centre with flowers & plants
- Holmhills Wood Community Park – preserving and enjoying our greenspace
- Cambuslang Covid 19 Food Hub – supporting our community through the crisis
- Parking – lobbying for the Bridge Street Park & Ride Car Park
- Micro Grant Fund 2020/2021 – helping local residents improve neighbourhoods
What do I need to do to be nominated?
Download the nomination forms here or text 07979-955139. Return forms to: Finance and Corporate Resources, Administration and Legal Services, Floor 2, Almada Street, Hamilton, ML3 0AA or EMAIL to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like any further information on what’s involved, please feel free to email us on email@example.com or call 07973 744807