Are you interested in being part of a group that creates change in Cambuslang? We are looking for five new members to join Cambuslang Community Council.
In recent years, you may have seen information on the many projects or campaigns that Cambuslang Community Council are involved in. They include:
- Town Centre Improvements – streetscape renewal
- Community Access 2 Cash Pilot – the Cambuslang BankHUB
- Clyde Cycle Park – a new outdoor venue for the community
- Cambuslang In Bloom – brightening up the town centre
- Holmhills Wood Community Park
- Cleaning Up Cambuslang – working with schools and the community
- Cambuslang Loves Local – promoting local shops and services
- Welcome Wall – a brighter gateway to the town
- Cambuslang Railway Station – entrance upgrade/improvements
If being part of a group that wants to improve the quality of life and environment of our town appeals to you, why not consider joining us? All community council members are volunteers from all age groups, backgrounds and walks of life. The only requirements are that you are:
- aged 16 or over
- on the local Electoral Register
- a resident of Cambuslang, including Eastfield, Holmhills, Kirkhill, Silverbank, Vicarland, Whitlawburn & the Circuit.
All you need to do is complete a nomination form here (https://bit.ly/3z5v2MR) which has to be returned to South Lanarkshire Council, either by POST (sent to Finance and Corporate Resources, Administration and Legal Services, Floor 2, Almada Street, Hamilton, ML3 0AA) or by EMAIL to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need this information in another language or format, please phone 0303 123 1015 or email email@example.com
If you would like to have an informal chat about Cambuslang Community Council or what being a member involves, please call John on 07973 744807.
**** Nominations close at 5pm on Monday 5 July ****